Saturday 25 June 2022

SALFORD CC 25 - CHESHIRE - 25th June 2022

 7TH OVERALL ; 1ST STANDARD; 2nd VET

Bit of a cockup weekend. Plan was for Angela to do the National CTT 50m Champs on Teeside and stay with me, while I hopped across the big 'ill to do this race...but the best laid plans and all that....Angela stayed darn surf, unable to ride...so I popped over and did this again...a rural course, can be busy with traffic...and did get held up twice on the first lap. Good news, although defo not 100% mojo, my 5 mile splits were bizarrely identical at 325w (329 NP) so not bad....finished 7th,  1st on standard and 2nd vet...a tad down on the top 5 I wanted, and am capable of....but progress, and another race done!

Went straight down to that London after, to say with old (and old) Uni best pal, Gaston - main reason for Chilli Peppers gig at the Olympic Stadium...bit of well earned R&R! 🍻

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment