Saturday 2 April 2022

WITHINGTON WHEELERS 25M - 2ND APRIL 2022 - Cheshire - Jodrell Bank!

 4th Overall; 1st Vet; 1st VTTA

First race of the new season. And the first time I had raced on a "J" course, basically the Cheshire area...a classic rural course around Jodrell Bank. Twisty, narrow, villages, dips, sharp climbs etc - typically does not suit me for an optimum ride...but enjoyed to a point! Was originally scratch man, but asked to start earlier, but unfortunately no 20 start point was right on the heels of 15 novice riders. By the second lap, I was speedily catching them up in numbers, and as I had been previously warned, I got held up quite seriously by cars that had passed me but then got stuck behind the slower riders 😫....at one point there we 3 riders in front of me....not good! I also did this course as a recce, because the National VTTA 15 is on here in 2 week...anyhow, finished 4th overall...just 40 secs behind the winner, and smashed the vets standard and first vet. Power sort of meaningless on such a course....in the 320s - sounds low! Good start though!!💪




No comments:

Post a Comment