Saturday 18 September 2021

NATIONAL VTTA 10 CHAMPIONSHIPS - Hatfield Woodhouse - 18th September 2021

7th Overall & Silver in National VTTA Championship 


Bugger, I knew I'd have to get very close to if not beat my course PB of 20-31 in order to challenge for the National Gold against favourite Richard Oakes, Richard would have to be close to 19-20 if I'd achieved my target....considering the course record up to recently was only about 19-12 and that was Connor Swift, I had a chance, but first I had to provide the goods!

Confident too after my course PB for the 25 on the same course last week, so looking good...BUT....did feel a little 'queer' these last 48 hours....🤒

Well, it wasn't to be, in fact was almost a minute down on my target and recording my slowest time on that course since my very early start up days...friggin rubbish, in fact slower than the last 10 miles in the '25' last week...really do not know why? 🤔

Still good enough for 2nd in the Championship, but a few places behind where I'd expect to be in the actual results?

Richard did get close to that 19-20 (19-25) and again the mercurial Angela Carpenter smashed the women's Championship, and actually finishing equal with Richard on Vets standard for overall....and if it was not for a hold up due to a car turning right, Angela would've broke the course record of Sarah Storey....she will next time....💪



 



"Local Boy" 😂





No comments:

Post a Comment