Sunday 18 August 2019

REALTEAM 25 TT - Hirwaun S Wales - 18th Aug 2019

4th Overall & 2nd Vet - National Age Record
An unforgiving autumnal weather forecast was not conducive to the super fast times that is the major selling point of the “R25” 25 mile TT course in S Wales.....but of course it’s still a friggin race, and as 2 of my last 3 races had been cancelled due to adverse weather.....I decided “come on weather, let’s be ‘avin you (in my best Delia voice ).....and race the best I could, come what may....and unfortunately (really only) for the very last starters (I was scratch man) the forecast was bang on....

However managed to “knock out” another sub 50mins 25 miler - rescued by a 33+mph average 10mile return with the tailwind - recording 49mins 34secs, annoyingly just three seconds off the podium but some bonus points for breaking my own National Age and Regional Group records - so a fairly happy return home.......👍

Anyhow much more interesting that this time trialling gubbins....really do enjoy visiting this neck of the woods....and on this occasion decided to take a steady cross country route back over the Brecon Beacons into Herefordshire and the Black Mountains, and across to Worcester....very nice indeed, an area I surprisingly have no experience of, so into my bucket list they go, for the day I hang my cleats up, pack work in and get that converted VW Transporter, MTB on the rack and walking boots for the ready...not too sure how long that will be though, I suppose when I start to slow down on the TT machine

[Wrote the above quite dismissively, but yet again, break 50 mins, and it was not a great climate day..that 48mins last year was no fluke, and on the right day, is in danger 💪]
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment